Amador PTSA Volunteer Opportunities
Parents can volunteer to support teachers, staff and students in a variety of ways during the year. Some choose to get engaged on an ongoing basis through participation in a committee, while others volunteer on a short-term basis to support a specific campus event.
Please express your willingness to volunteer by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator, Sara Solomon, at email@example.com
Specific Event Support
- Volunteer Coordinator: Helps all the chairpeople find volunteers for their events. Maintains
a list or database with the names, contact information, availability and interests of volunteersto contact during the year.
- Walk-Through Registration Chairperson: Coordinates volunteers for the three days of walk-thru registration. This includes student and parent volunteers. Tables that need to be staffed: Volunteer check-in, Parents to review emergency cards/residency, Activities window help, ASB verification, PE Clothes delivery, Spirit Wear Sales, School planners, Athletic Boosters Table, PPIE table, and Special Needs table. Also responsible for helping coordinate food and water for the volunteers. This job also works closely with Administration, Student Leadership and ASB.
- Walk-Through Registration : Help for one or more shifts at the PTSA table, signing up members and collecting donations.
- Back to School Night: Help direct parents and sell PTSA memberships.
- Spirit Wear Sales at the Pigskin Roast: The Booster Club sponsors this annual barbecue event typically before the first home varsity football game for AVHS clubs to sell their spirit wear. We have a PTSA booth as well to sell our Spirit Gear.
- Coat Check at Dances: Collect student’s coats, purses, etc., at AVHS dances 2 or 3 times a year.
- Newsletter Editor: Work with Communication VP to layout weekly/bi-weekly newsletter to AV community. Great for a student or member interested in communications and marketing.
- Website Coordinator: Help re-design website and keep updated. Great for a student or member interested in web design and management.
- College Night: Help direct student and parents and exhibitors for College Night.
- Exit Exam: Distribute test blanks to sophomore students for about one hour in the morning.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: Help plan and decorate for staff luncheon.
- SAT/ACT Practice Test: Coordinate SAT & ACT practice test sessions for students.
- Scholarship Ceremony Chairperson: Help coordinate the Scholarship Ceremony
at Amador Theater. Work with administration to decorate the theater, and coordinatevolunteers to help that evening. Coordinate Student Ushers, Lobby Greeters and cleanup.Snacks and water need to be provided to the presenters back-stage.
- Senior Awards Ceremony: Help decorate Amador Theater lobby and stage, provide backstage support for awards ceremony for students receiving community scholarships. We will need a Committee Chairperson for spring 2017.
- Senior Activities:12th- grade parents organize the Senior Breakfast, BBQ & Grad Night activities. We will need a Committee Chairperson for spring 2017.
- Graduation Ceremony Chairperson: Work with administration to help decorate the
stage at graduation. This includes trees/greenery on loan from Alden Lane and 30 Purple and Gold big bows. Front and side gate wristband checkers and handicap parking monitors are also needed.
- Graduation Ceremony: Help with decorating stage for ceremony and other logistical tasks.
We have an immediate need for two Committee Chairpersons for these vacant positions:
- Legislative Affairs: Keep up to date on state and national PTA efforts to advocate on behalf of children and youth to the state legislature and the US Congress. Mobilize parents and students to support those PTA advocacy efforts. Attend school board meetings when agenda items relevant to Amador are discussed. Report to the PTSA board on major issues being discussed in the district office. Visit Sacramento with other PTA members to meet with our elected representatives. Participate in the San Ramon legislative summit each spring.
- Fundraising: Encourage parents to sign up for Amazon Smile, Raley’s Extra Credit, Lucky’s eScrip, and other online programs that donate a portion of parent purchases back to Amador PTSA. Design, coordinate, and execute any fundraisers appropriate for our high school, with support from other parent volunteers.
The committees below always welcome volunteers to assist the chairpersons (listed on the Roster page)
- Crisis and Caring: Coordinates allocation of funds with PTSA, Amador counselors and Principal to meet the needs of Amador families. Holiday gift card purchase, school supplies, food, etc.
- Hospitality: Provide homemade or purchased desserts for staff appreciation luncheons or principal coffees.
- Grant Review: Participate in committee to process and review student and teacher grants submitted to PTSA in the fall. Meets 2 or 3 times a year to choose recipients.
- PE Clothes: Help sell and distribute PE clothes during registration and first couple weeks of school. Keep an inventory of items for sale at front office.
- Reflections Arts Program: Help needed to publicize program to AVHS students and art teachers, arrange for judging of student entries, and coordinate recognition ceremony in the fall. Display artwork in the library and take down when program is concluded.
- Scholarship Committee: Read and score the applications for senior students who are applying for one of the $500 PTSA scholarships. Must not be a parent of one of the applicants.
- Wellness Committee: Promote and educate Amador students and their families on teen health issues.